About the role
About the role
We are growing, offering room for a new Program Director to join our Redfern based team. If you’re a motivated team player, eager to make an impact within NASCA and the Australian community, join us.
Benefits and perks
- A salary package between $90,000 and $100,000 per annum (starting salary commensurate with experience, full time, superannuation included);
- 35hr working week;
- $15k salary sacrifice option;
- 4 weeks total leave per year, and leave loading of 17.5% of base salary, and study leave provisions; 1 day of cultural leave per year and ceremonial leave.
As a NASCA Program Director a typical day might include the following:
- Designing program content for delivery in a Sydney school for 13- 18 year olds on a set theme.
- Checking in with direct reports and setting work priorities for the day.
- Presenting program overview in a meeting with a potential funding partner.
- Tracking program expenditure against budget targets.
- Brainstorming with program co-workers to come up with new ideas for making program activities better.
- Facilitate a one-to-one debrief for a Program Manager to provide support and guidance.
- Recording participant data and analysing social impact results for the week.
- Writing the introduction of a 30 page funding report.
- Liaising with direct reports interstate regarding evaluation framework.
Skills and experience
- Proven understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, their culture and communities.
- Proven experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities and ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Sound and demonstrated (equivalent to 5 years) experience leading community development programs.
- Demonstrated experience leading social impact programs in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Preferably a post-graduate qualification/s in community development, education or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing organisational strategy.
- Experience leading a team in a collaborative and supportive manner to achieve program outcomes.
- Experience in the education sector, with respect to Indigenous education.
About the organisation
NASCA, which began in 1995, has had a lot to celebrate lately. We're a reshaped organisation that is on the rise. We serve over 19 communities in NSW, WA and the NT, empowering 1,200 Aboriginal kids to reach their full potential.
NASCA, a leading service provider – can offer you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander kids. You'll be immersed in diverse projects that keep you challenged every day, and surrounded by teammates who share your values and dedication. You'll collaborate with a multi-functional team to engage, mentor and inspire kids.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Director via Pro Bono Australia.