About the role
Centenary Institute invites applications from motivated individuals to join our Fundraising and Marketing Team as the Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser.
Your outstanding communications skills are needed to attract funding that will accelerate our quest for novel ways to prevent and treat cancer, heart disease and many other deadly and debilitating diseases.
Historically this has been a relatively untapped stream of potential revenue, meaning there is an opportunity for the postholder to make a substantial difference to the Institute, in shaping a strategy and significantly increasing philanthropic revenue. The postholder will have direct access to the Executive Director of the Institute and other members of the Institute’s Executive Team and senior faculty as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Track record in effectively translating complex science for a lay audience
- Three or more years successful experience securing funding from trusts and foundations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to quickly form strong relationships with senior colleagues, scientists and external influencers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numerate, and comfortable dealing with data
- Ability to manage conflicting workloads under strict time pressures
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of team
- Sound administration and time management
- Relevant qualifications
- Track record in a similar role in an organisation that undertakes medical research
- Experience working in an Apple Mac environment, and with Adobe Design Suite and the Raiser’s Edge CRM.
The Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology is a non-profit independent medical research institute and the Centenary Institute Medical Research Foundation is the fundraising entity of the Institute. Centenary is a centre of excellence in medical research
affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenary please visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQ individuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.
About the organisation
The Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology is a non-profit independent medical research institute and the Centenary Institute Medical Research Foundation is the fundraising entity of the Institute.
The Institute opened in 1989 to celebrate the centenaries of the Sydney University Medical School and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. Our Vision is ‘to improve human health through excellence in medical research’. We believe that medical research is the best hope we have of ensuring every person has the chance to lead a healthier and longer life, and protect future generations.
Our scientists and clinicians strive for creativity and excellence in discovering improved diagnostics, treatments, and cures for cancer, inflammation and cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation is responsible for raising funds and awareness to support the research conducted by the Centenary Institute.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trust and Foundations Fundraiser via Pro Bono Australia.