About the role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $90,000 to $105,000
You will be responsible to strengthen VACCA’s community presence in the key areas of marketing, communications and fundraising in the context of the organisation’s central value of self determination. Responsible for range of deliverables including the management of communications across multiple platforms for key audiences; strategic development of media placement; internal communications; directing the development of organisational collateral including client services; and facilitation of events.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of integrated communications approaches including ongoing communications, campaign development and appeals, with a sophisticated understanding of multi-platform content delivery, and experience in media liaison
- Excellent project and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple deadlines concurrently
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and motivate a small team to achieve KPI’s
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.