About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Pivotal Coordination role in our flagship Learning for Life program
- There are two positions available in Victoria
- Full Time Max Term (Mat Leave Cover) in Sunshine, VIC
- Permanent Full Time in Werribee, VIC
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Family Partnerships Co-ordinator to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Team Leader Learning for Life and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will help manage and deliver one of our most valuable programs – Learning for Life.
The role involves planning and implementing The Smith Family Scholarships and family support. You will maintain key relationships with a range of stakeholders, including families on the program, partner schools, community groups and volunteers.
A day in the life of a Family Partnership Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Liaising with identified schools and Principals as to progress of referrals of students to the program
- Enhancing relationships with key people in schools to positively impact on attendance and school completion rates
- Contacting scholarship families to inform of programs being delivered and inviting them to participate
- Working with students and families to maximise school attendance
- Ensuring excellent database management and administration support for scholarship students
- Sourcing students and families for media opportunities
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Family Partnerships Coordinators. Successful candidates will bring the following:
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills (including computer literacy, data entry and time management)
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with challenging situations and people
- Hold a current driver’s licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Gareth.Fahey@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description attached. For any other information, please contact Gareth Fahey.
Closing date: Friday, 28 June 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Family Partnerships Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.