About the role
The Qld State Manager (Part-time) is responsible for the coordination of the current Queensland Deaf/hard of hearing mentoring programs for teenagers aged 11-18 years. This position requires you to be based in Brisbane, with the majority of hours provided at a hot-desk work location, arranged by Hear For You. Alternately, this position has the option to work from home.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Key responsibilities for the Qld State Manager will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Administer and Coordinated the Queensland Life Goals and Skills Metro and Blast, Rock My World, Primary2Secondary, and Community Outreach programs);
- Work with the CEO to recruit, select, train and evaluate of the volunteer mentors;
- Coordinate fundraising projects for HFY in QLD, including Community Funding Program;
- Work with NDIS Local Area Coordinators, current and prospective deaf teenager participants and their families to use their funding to attend Queensland programs;
- Administer and manage the Queensland programs budget;
- Manage the risks mitigation for Queensland programs with the CEO;
- Work with a team who are located around Australia to meet the goals and strategic priorities of Hear For You.
- Completion of an undergraduate qualification with demonstrated relevant experience;
- Prior experience (2 years) in program management/administration with relevance to the accountabilities of this position;
- Demonstrated contemporary leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role with youth/young people;
- Demonstrated experience in working with deaf and hard of hearing people or in the deafness sector;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- Demonstrated experience working with teenagers and young people;
- Demonstrated coaching and/or mentoring experience;
The successful candidate must:
- be available to work within agreed hours (note these can be flexible as agreed with the CEO);
- nominate and agree working hours schedule with the CEO;
- hold or happy to obtain a current QLD Working with Children check (Office of the Children’s Guardian, Queensland Government);
- complete national police check clearance;
- be experienced in workshop and program coordination;
- show a proactive and structured approach;
- be able to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- understand any relevant issues and actively display initiative;
- display excellent time management and organisational skills;
- high level verbal and written communication skills;
- strong integrity and confidentiality;
- working with minimal supervision and take ownership of tasks;
- ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds;
- well-developed written skills and the ability to prepare reports and documents;
- advanced skills in use of Microsoft Office software, and Adobe;
- attention to detail applicable to documentation, recording feedback and program/workshop planning;
- committed, positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work and challenges.
About the organisation
Hear For You (HFY) is the only dedicated youth mentoring program in Australia aimed at inspiring deaf and hard of hearing teens to reach their full potential in life. HFY mentoring programs and workshops are the core of what we’re about. What’s important is that they’re all focused on the same thing: giving deaf teenagers support, guidance and the chance to meet people who ‘get’ what they’re going through. HFY mentors are deaf or hard of hearing adults, who have been there and experienced the same challenges as what the teenagers are facing. They really do ‘get it’.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: QLD State Manager – Part-Time 2 days per week via Pro Bono Australia.