About the role
The purpose of the Office Manager position is to support the operational performance of the business through management of workflow processes, governance procedures, CRM database management, use and monitoring of cloud-based systems and the overall coordination of office administration duties.
This position reports to the CEO of Kidsafe Victoria.
Key working relationships
- Staff and contractors
- Internal Finance and Governance subcommittees
- External customers and stakeholders
This position will be filled as a 0.4 full-time equivalent position with the potential to increase hours. The position will commence on an initial 12-month contract with a 3 month probation period and the possibility of a contract extension – we are initially seeking a candidate who can fill the role on a Monday and Friday.
The position will be located at Kidsafe Victoria’s office at Monash Children’s Hospital in Clayton.
- Administrative support to the operational team
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Support in processing incoming and outgoing mail and product orders
- Managing office supplies and product inventory
- Preparation of documents, letters and reports as required
- General administrative tasks
- Updating and maintaining governance manuals including day to day policies and procedures
- Network directory mapping on Google Drive
- Utilise cloud-based systems such as Asana, Cascade Strategy, HelloSign and others as required
- Manage agreements with subcontractors
Experience and skills
- Previous experience (minimum of 3 years) in an administrative role
- Proven capability to learn and implement cloud-based systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling confident liaison with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong degree of proactivity, flexibility and adaptability in order to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to seek and implement continuous process improvement opportunities
- Experience in office management protocols and procedures
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- CRM knowledge
- Asana (workflow management) knowledge – desirable
We are not just looking for someone based on their skills and expertise. We need someone who is going to fit in with our small team and organisational culture. This means you also need to be:
- Someone who thinks ‘why not’ instead of ‘why’ and is able to think outside of the box to address a challenge
- A strong and creative communicator
- Friendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
If you like the sound of us, then please apply. While we are reviewing applications, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.
Appointment to this position is subject to:
- A satisfactory ‘Working with Children Check’ under the Working with Children Act 2005 (Vic)
- A satisfactory Police Check
- Proof of current whooping cough vaccination prior to commencement and willingness to have a flu vaccination each year
About the organisation
Mission: to Make a Safer World for Kids at home, on the road, around water and at play.
Who is Kidsafe Victoria? Kidsafe Victoria was established in 1979 as part of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia. We are an independent, non-profit, organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and injury to children through education, advocacy and research.
Why do we do it? Preventable injuries are the leading cause of death for Australian children aged 1-14 years and one of the leading causes of hospitalisation. Every week across the country, 3 children are killed from preventable injuries.
In Victoria, approximately 20 children aged 0-14 years die and over 100,000 are treated in hospital each year, with children under the age of 5 most at risk.
What do we do: Kidsafe exists to prevent these tragedies. We do this by empowering families - particularly those who are most vulnerable - with the provision of practical strategies and knowledge of how to keep their kids safe. We run evidence-based community outreach programs and develop educational campaigns and resources in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
Our impact: Since Kidsafe's establishment, the number of children in Australia killed by unintentional injury has reduced from 650 deaths per year to just over 150 deaths per year. To date, a great deal has been achieved in preventing unintentional injuries to children – however, there is still much to be done. Kidsafe and the community must continue their efforts to save the lives of Victorian children.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Office Manager via Pro Bono Australia.