About the role
- Position: Full time/Part Time, 12-month position
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $89,813 to $93,566 (based on skill and experience)
This is a newly created position which aims to further strengthen and enhance the quality of our client service delivery across all of VACCA’s services and in our advocacy for vulnerable Aboriginal community members with government departments particularly in regard to policy direction. You will provide policy and high-level executive support to VACCA’s Client Services Directors.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Formal qualifications in social policy would be highly regarded.
- Experience in a policy role is highly regarded.
- Strong level of analytical, communication and writing skills (examples of work may be requested from shortlisted applicants)
- Strong organisational and coordination skills with experience in delivering projects highly desirable
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 927 8838.
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer - Client Services via Pro Bono Australia.