About the role
We are seeking a talented Research & Evaluation Officer ( Quantitative Methods) to join our team, based in Macquarie Park. Working within a close-knit team, you will help produce data to drive continuous improvement, making a powerful difference to people, families and communities across New South Wales.
In this role, you will work in a small, energetic and highly productive team to evaluate RANSW services and program outcomes. Under the direction of the Senior Research and Evaluation Officer, you will support research and evaluation projects in general with a focus on quantitative data collection, cleaning, analysis and reporting. This is a great opportunity to apply quantitative research skills in a real-world research-to-practice context.
Core responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the implementation of program evaluations and research studies;
- Conduct detailed quantitative analysis of data research and evaluation data and analysis using Eexcel, SPSS and other data- data analysis and survey- building software;
- Support positive relationships with various stakeholders;
This is a fixed term, part time position working 2 days per week until 30 June 2021 based in the head office at Macquarie Park.
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
- $84,265 to $87,207 (if this was a full time 5 days per week)
- $33,706 to $34,882 ( this role working 2 days per week)
- The hourly rate range is $43.21 to $44.72
In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
Actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, go to CLICK HERE
Who we are looking for?
The essential and desirable criteria / experience for this role are below. Your application must demonstrate these competencies in them:
- Bachelor degree (AQF level 7) in social sciences, psychology, statistics, market research or similar, with significant exposure to quantitative research methods;
- Confident in applying appropriate statistical techniques with survey data and outcomes data;
- Demonstrated experience in managing client/participant data collection, storage and quantitative analysis;
- High levels of discretion and an understanding of research ethics;
- Academic research experience;
- Understanding of issues for equity, diversity and inclusion in research;
- Interest in the not-for-profit human services sector
Where is the position located?
Australia’s First Peoples
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. This is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role. RANSW’s RAP can be found at http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretch-reconciliation-action-plan/
Diversity and Inclusion statement
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. In the interests of gender diversity, we encourage men to apply.
Why work with us?
- Help people who need you most, when they need you most: End every day knowing you’ve made a real difference
- Be part of something bigger: Last year alone, our people delivered over 56,000 client sessions across New South Wales.
- Support and be supported: Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve together and how you grow as a team.
- Never be bored: new day, new challenge: Enjoy diverse, interesting work that will challenge and reward you professionally and personally
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their wellbeing. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our people:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for practitioners.
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on reducing our organisational footprint on the environment, Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Program.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia NSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families and communities. We are a not-for-profit organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research & Evaluation Officer (Quantitative Methods) via Pro Bono Australia.