About the role
Shelter NSW, the State’s housing policy and advocacy peak is seeking an energetic, values aligned and purpose driven Senior Policy Officer to join our small team based in Sydney.
Reporting to the CEO this role includes:
- Researching, consulting and developing policy positions on housing issues to effect systemic policy change;
- Leading on research and drafting of Shelter NSW policy briefs, major policy papers and submissions to Government and relevant industry groups/bodies; and
- Collaborating with academics, stakeholders and consumers to design and commission research to build further evidence and case study to inform Shelter NSW policy agenda.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Commitment to the vision and values of Shelter NSW
- Expertise in social policy analysis, development and advocacy
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and experience in writing reports, submissions and discussion papers
- Demonstrated capacity to consult, influence and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities and risks
- Demonstrated skills in stakeholder consultation and managing contrasting views
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to manage, and capacity to effectively work as part of a small team
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
What we can offer you
This is a full time, permanent role. A competitive salary, flexible workplace and above award employment conditions, with an opportunity to collaborate and work with an engaging and dynamic team in a highly regarded social purpose organisation.
About the organisation
Shelter NSW, the State’s housing policy and advocacy peak.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.