About the role
This role will provide intensive support and in-depth phone and/or face to face assessment of a person’s financial situation, short term case work, advocacy and the identification of options to address financial concerns. Financial counsellors may undertake a triage process, prioritising and referring clients to other sources of support and assistance as necessary and can provide consultation to other services, and are responsible to maintain timely and accurate file records.
This position is based at Good Money which is a community finance store that offers safe, affordable and responsible financial services for people on low incomes who are otherwise excluded from mainstream financial services. The Good Money store is based in Collingwood.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Qualification in the Diploma of Financial Counselling, with current membership of the Financial Counsellors Association of Victoria or equivalent peak body
- Demonstrated experience working as a financial counsellor, including through the provision of a phone-based service
- An effective understanding of financial disadvantage and exclusion in Australia and its impacts
- Financial Counsellors Australia accredited
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
About the organisation
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. All of our services are informed by the latest evidence and research and adopt a best practice approach. We are committed to continuous improvement, innovation and delivering measurable outcomes.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand [GSANZ] is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to staff well being. We offer a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development for staff and a competitive remuneration package. We encourage flexible working arrangements and provide access to salary packaging.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor – Good Money via Pro Bono Australia.