About the role
Your new role
Our Pathways Workers are an initial point of contact for clients accessing services at our main engagement hub, which sees approximately 300 clients come through each day. You will be working alongside a team of Pathways Workers, assertively engaging with clients and assisting them in accessing the individualised supports that will enable them to live safely and experience social inclusion in the community.
Each day, you will be supporting clients with information, advocacy and crisis intervention. You will also provide short-term case management for one to two people for up to 6 weeks. This will be done in accordance with the organisation’s values, practice principles, legislative and funding requirements, as well as building relationships with community agencies, local services and other Mission services.
We have a part-time Pathways Worker role currently available: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8.00am to 3pm Saturday 8.30am until 2.30pm – 28.5 hours in total.
A typical day is based at our 87 Grey Street Engagement Hub where we serve breakfast and lunch to approximately 300 clients every day of the year. You’ll be making contact with new and familiar clients, providing support, information, assessment, crisis intervention and advocacy. You’ll be working closely with colleagues and workers from other services. This is not a sit-down, office-based role, you’ll be based outside in the engagement hub (dining room and courtyard), ensuring that some of the most marginalised people gain access to services.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Energetic and resilient, who can work with flexibility and calm in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Experienced working with complex clients
- Has appropriate qualifications relevant to the delivery of community services
- Team-focused with strong communication skills
- Able to respond effectively to challenging behaviours
You can look forward to
- Being part of a fun and dynamic team in the heart of St Kilda
- Networking and building professional relationships
- Flexibility of part-time work
- Working close to public transport
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of case managers, mental health case manager, drug & alcohol worker and well-being worker.
- Salary package expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Scholarship opportunities
- Weekend penalties and the option to work extra shifts as required
- End your day knowing you’ve contributed to something bigger
About the organisation
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply for this role
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply 'Apply Now' and enter your details below.
For more information about the role, contact Sarah Honan-Barnes, Program Coordinator Support Services on 0449 902 177.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life.All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description.
Please quote in application: Pathways Worker - Sacred Heart Central via Pro Bono Australia.