About the role
The role is an integral part of the Customer Service Team working in conjunction with the Membership, Training & Sales functions to assist potential members, converting them into policyholders, and to ensure policyholder satisfaction.
This position is the primary interface between ACA Health and its members. Responsible for processing membership applications, all membership changes, answering member phone calls and emails and discussing product options with members. This role would suit someone with customer service and training experience.
The role also will also provide training for new and existing staff of policies and procedures, and updates on changes to the operation of the Fund. Maintaining extensive knowledge of ACA Health products, practises and policies is essential for this role.
• Act as the first point of contact for all members and prospective members.
• Taking enquires via multiple communication channels.
• Respond daily to all correspondence requests including emails.
• Scrutinizing member applications for eligibility of membership.
• Manage the approval of membership applications and update member records accordingly.
• Ensure verbal discussions regarding new membership and/or membership changes are explained and confirmed in writing.
• Maintain the quality and integrity of membership records.
• Ensure smooth administration of new members joining, issuing, receiving and compiling all start up documentation.
• Issue starter kits and membership changes letters.
• Assist in member payment runs.
• Provide training for new and existing staff of policies and procedures, and updates on changes to the operation of the Fund.
• Keep updated records on staff training and development.
• Review and update Fund training material.
• Adhere to and support compliance with all regulatory requirements within the industry.
• Incorporate all health fund policies into all facets of the job.
• Participate in systems testing.
• Required administrative tasks.
• This role would suit someone with administration, training and/or customer service experience.
Key Selection Criteria
• Experience in data and word processing.
• Previous clerical experience.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Well organised and able to work to deadlines.
• High level of computer and keyboarding skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Initiative and self-motivation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Professional phone manner.
• Acceptance of change.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Delivery focused.
• Certificate IV in Office Administration, Workplace Training or equivalent.
• Certificate in Systems Training, or equivalent.
• A good understanding of the Australian health system and private health insurance, with experience in the health industry.
• Experience in the use of a web-based record database for purposes such as association membership systems.
• Experience in medical or hospital billing.
Benefits & Perks
• Onsite parking
• Work/ life balance
• Staff discount on Private Health Insurance
• Celebrative team environment
• Monthly morning tea
• Professional development days
Experience in the Australian health system or the private health insurance industry would be an advantage but is not essential. This is a full-time role, which requires in office duties. As an employee, you will be entitled to a discount on your health insurance policy with ACA Health.
PLEASE NOTE: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time. Early closure of applications is possible if a suitable candidate is found ahead of the closing date.
About the organisation
ACA Health Benefits Fund is a Private Health Insurance Fund. Founded in 1934, we are a not-for-profit Fund working hard to continually provide our members with value-for-money health cover at a great price. Over the past 85 years, we have supported families of iconic Australian companies like Sanitarium, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Adventist Education. We ensure that our entire operating surplus is retained each year for future member benefits. Further details about ACA Health can be found on our website www.acahealth.com.au
How to apply for this role
Applicants should address the essential selection criteria in a detailed cover letter as part of their application along with a resume.
For more information and a full job description, please contact Jody Burgoyne, Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 368 390.
Please quote in application: Membership & Training Officer via Pro Bono Australia.