About the role
As a leading Australian voice The Butterfly Foundation represents people living with eating disorders and negative body image and their family and friends. Left unaddressed, the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources whilst raising public awareness in the media and via community debate. The Foundation operates the National Eating Disorders Helpline, a range of innovative clinical treatment and support programs across Australia, and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community.
The Foundation has recently committed to the development of Australia’s first residential treatment facility for eating disorders with its joint venture partner endED. The eating disorder sector has also welcomed major Medicare reform to improve access and affordability.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Opportunity to contribute to progressive outcomes
- Passionate and collaborative executive leadership team
- Beautiful Queensland location and lifestyle
You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a model of care for people living with eating disorders to be provided for the first time in Australia at Butterfly’s new 12 bed residential care facility on the Queensland Sunshine Coast. Reporting to the CEO and as part of the senior leadership team, you will deliver clinical leadership of the facility whilst modelling an all-hands-on-deck, non-hierarchical culture that supports best practice and clinical excellence. Specifically you will:
- recruit and lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality care and continuous improvement
- implement and maintain robust clinical safety, quality and risk governance
- manage the day to day delivery of the residential care program
- lead groups and provide individual client sessions
- join clients at periodic meals and snacks and model normal eating
- build and maintain strong collaborative relationships within the community ecosystem including local healthcare professionals, hospitals, outpatient teams and community support groups
You are a senior mental health clinician with experience in the treatment of clients with complex mental health problems including eating disorders and you are motivated to learn, embrace and deliver a new model of care and treatment. You are a hands on, natural leader who can inspire, motivate and mentor your team and you demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence together with:
- advanced clinical knowledge of eating disorders, disordered eating and body dysmorphia
- clinical supervision and high level problem solving experience
- insight into the issues that are commonly present for people with eating disorders
- ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence and trust of patients and their carers
- experience in delivery of clinical programs, governance and continuous service quality improvements
- excellent people leadership and relationship management skills
If you’re an innovative and values based leader with the drive to ensure the endED Butterfly House treatment facility achieves its strategic direction, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on +61 2 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Residential Clinical Director via Pro Bono Australia.