About the role
The position of Events & Marketing Co-ordinator is a permanent part-time position of 24 hours per week, generally three days per week with flexibility, allocated to execution of the role’s responsibilities and tasks. Attendance at events which are often held outside of business hours is expected as part of the role.
The Events & Marketing Co-ordinator will report to the Council of the Friends and work in collaboration with the Administration Co-ordinator who is responsible for business affairs, membership services, ticketing, office management and legal compliance.
The position of Events & Marketing Co-ordinator is located in the office of the Friends of the Australian Ballet in The Rocks, Sydney. These premises also house the Sydney office of The Australian Ballet.
The Events & Marketing Co-ordinator is expected to work unsupervised and be self-directed and pro-active, executing directions given by the Council whilst contributing to strategy and direction, events creation and sales and marketing opportunities.
The position is responsible for the following:
- Event management including financial and logistics planning, delivery and reporting of all events from small talks and forums to FAB’s major general public events;
- Marketing of such events and services from compilation of plans and execution;
- Sponsorship and securing of income including public sector funding;
- Lead generation and sales.
This is an exciting and challenging position for a dynamic, highly motivated and highly organised individual. While the Friends is governed by an active and hands-on Board of volunteer directors (Council), the Events & Marketing Coordinator must have the ability to work unsupervised and alone, without the immediate on-site presence of colleagues and managers/directors.
You will be an assured self-starter who is professionally and emotionally mature with the ability to communicate clearly, candidly and fully in order to manage effective and productive professional relationships with Councillors and colleagues, most particularly the executive of the Council which includes the Chair, Vice Chairs and Treasurer and sub-committees together with senior management of the Australian Ballet which is head-quartered in Melbourne. You will need to be a team player and team leader.
Proven track record in project and event management, marketing, publicity and general management business skills in an arts practice/entertainment industry would provide an appropriate and eligible platform to successfully manage the role and its activities. The demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with others is essential. Qualities including inventiveness, lateral thinking and positive problem resolution are key. Hands–on approach and attention to detail are essential whilst maintaining an overarching entrepreneurialism and big-picture vision.
About the organisation
The Friends of the Australian Ballet (FAB) is the principal support organisation for the Australian Ballet in NSW. FAB is an independent, not-for-profit, membership-based company limited by guarantee, established in 1973.
It has a broad-based charter to promote the appreciation of and access to ballet and the world of dance while focusing on the Australian Ballet Company specifically. The Friends principle activities are:
- The cultivation of community, connectedness and access through the management and service of the organisation’s core membership of friends and ballet lovers by providing an array of activities and events which are educational, social and offer behind the scenes access to the world of dance;
- Fund raising through a variety of events including approximately six Dress Rehearsals by the Company per year at the Sydney Opera House;
- Profile building by the delivery of one or two prestigious, major, public events per year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events and Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.