About the role
Working collaboratively with colleagues and building on research undertaken with Elders, Traditional Custodians, community, stakeholders and users, the Operations Manager creates the overall strategy, and designs the supporting systems, for all Old Ways, New strategic design and technology projects. With a high degree of strategic oversight and focus on the detail and a commitment to two-way learning, the Operations Manager helps Old Ways, New create culturally grounded services, technologies and places that are socially, environmentally and technologically sustainable.
- Developing operations strategies
- Ensuring a culturally safe workplace
- Running the day-to-day operations such as the production or distribution of services
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of new software programs and or systems
- Facilitate training of new software and or tools
- Analysing and improving processes
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing costs and cash flow
- Managing invoicing processing and tracking
- Overseeing staffing leave, TIL and performance reviews
- Developing policies and procedures and management of sub-contractors
- Enforcing health and safety procedures
- Managing the recruitment of internal staff
- Build and maintain a HR talent pipeline
- Organise team cultural education and social events
- Administer employment contracts, payroll, superannuation and other employment-related processes
- Stay up to date with the latest employment regulations and ensure HR policies reflect current law
- Develop and maintain culturally relevant HR practices and processes
- Support and administer the professional learning and development needs of the team
- Provide administrative and operational support to the CEO and the business
- Work with Elder’s in Residence to ensure operational practices are culturally grounded.
We are seeking an Operations Manager with the following attributes:
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and or organisations
- Problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail.
Software and Tools, (experienced to intermediate):
- Google Suite, in particular, Sheets
- Microsoft suite, in particular, Excel
- Adobe Suite, in particular, Indesign
About the organisation
Old Ways, New is an Indigenous owned and led Social Enterprise based on Gadigal land in Redfern, Syd
Based in the heart of Aboriginal Sydney – Old Ways, New fosters a vibrant interdisciplinary team of renowned, world-class professionals. We work with academia, government, and the private and cultural sectors. We create ethical, respectful and sustainable working relationships with Country, Aboriginal communities and peoples. Founded in 2016 by Angie Abdilla, Old Ways, New is expanding its core team. We are deeply committed to finding and developing great people and cultivating a culture in which everyone in our team can thrive.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.