About the role
- Develop multiple detailed national marketing plans across projects and programs to a tight budget.
- Work within current branding and messaging guidelines to deliver disability rights focused marketing across innovative channels.
- Liaise strongly with all parts of the organisation to ensure coordination of marketing activity.
- Work with data to analyse and inform marketing campaigns.
- Create accessible and relatable content for people with disability, particularly communities who face barriers to access information.
This is an integral role in delivering PWDA vision of a socially just, accessible and inclusive community, in which the human rights, belonging, contribution, potential and diversity of all people with disability are recognised, respected and celebrated with pride.
This is a part-time role of 21 hours per week. The location for this role is flexible (and it includes the option to work from our Sydney office). It will be a maximum term contract role until 30 June 2020, with a possibility of extension, dependent of funding. Award Classification is Level 6 under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award 2010. PWDA pays above Award, and the salary on offer is $91,187.46 (pro rata $54,712.47 for 0.6FTE) plus salary packaging and superannuation.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the rights and interests of people with disability
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated extensive experience developing and delivering highly successful marketing campaigns, particularly for not-for-profit organisations
- Demonstrated experience in developing collaborative and consultative marketing strategies
- Demonstrated experience in working to existing branding and messaging guidelines
- Extensive social media marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience at delivering communications to marginalised communities who may use different communication channels
- Demonstrated experience in creating accessible communications, and liaising with suppliers of accessible content
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent capacity to manage timeframes and competing priorities, including managing deadlines
- Personal or family experience of disability
- Qualifications in communications, design or marketing or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in using and maintaining Civi CRM and Mailchimp
PWDA is a proud employer of people with disability, and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions. We are an EEO employer and we embrace the diversity of our people, such as diversity in disability, race, cultural background, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or intersex status.
About the organisation
People with Disability Australia (PWDA) is a national disability rights organisation. Its membership is made up of people with disability and organisations primarily constituted by people with disability. PWDA was founded in 1981, the International Year of Disabled Persons, to provide people with disability with a voice of our own. PWDA has a cross disability focus – we represent the interests of people with all kinds of disability. PWDA is a non-profit, non-government organisation. We employ over 50 staff with 25% working in regional areas.
How to apply for this role
Submit your application by email on email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing Manager application via Pro Bono Australia. If you need to submit your application in an alternative format, please contact us.
Your application must include:
- Your full resume, including the names and contact details of 2 professional referees.
- A letter (maximum 3 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 8AM ON MONDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2020.
For more information about the role, please read the position description at pwd.org.au/about-us/employment. If you have further questions, please contact El Gibbs, Director, Media and Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 682 867.
Please quote in application: Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.