About the role
We are looking for a driven individual who will be responsible for the growth of our retail programs as well as the development of solutions that are currently unexploited in ANZ. Examples of solutions include TerraCycle in-store collection programs, shopper marketing activations, recycled products, beach plastic and closed-loop projects.
This is a revenue generating position which will be subject to sales targets. It requires project management skills as well as experience in retail and operations – yes we are looking for a unicorn!
The role offers the opportunity to work in close collaboration with high profile brand and retail partners as well as to join a unique sustainability organisation which has grown dramatically in the last five years in ANZ.
- Work with our global VPs of Shopper Marketing Strategy, R&D and Material Solutions to define a range of new product and services that can be offered in ANZ.
- Work with our ANZ Head of Account Management to identify needs from existing brand partners and formulate business proposals
- Work with our ANZ General Manager and Business Development manager to approach retail partners and drive new business
- Coordinate with our ANZ Operations Manager and global teams for the delivery of those products and services
- Qualify vendors (prices and capabilities)
- Work with our ANZ General Manager to monitor new threats and business opportunities by networking, attending conferences, reading researches etc.
- Travel occasionally interstate and occasionally to New Zealand and the US
- Pending growth of the business – Hire, train and manage a team
- 5-year work experience, preferably within the FMCG or Consulting industry
- Genuine interest in sustainability, the environment and circular economy
- Ability to work to a deadline within a fast-paced environment. Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Must be thorough, organised and detailed oriented
- Master’s degree in Management or Engineering is preferred
About the organisation
Operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®.
We are the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as cigarette butts, pens, baby diapers and coffee capsules. TerraCycle works with major FMCG companies to make recycled products, such as the world’s first shampoo bottle made from ocean plastic. More recently, TerraCycle launched the zero-waste retail platform Loop, which was listed as one of the top inventions of 2019 by Times Magazine.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Retail & New Business Development Manager – TerraCycle ANZ via Pro Bono Australia.