About the role
The objectives of the position are to:
- Contribute to the sustainability of the creative industries in the Northern Territory by promoting diverse sources of income, in particular from the private sector including both the business and philanthropic sectors.
- Facilitate connections between the arts, business and philanthropic sectors in the Northern Territory.
- Contribute to the development of Creative Partnerships’ strategy, policies, programs and servi
- Deliver Creative Partnerships’ programs and services in the Northern Terri
- Mentor arts organisations and artists in the Northern Territory including facilitating the use of Creative Partnerships programs and services including volunteering programs, professional development program, the Australia Cultural Fund and funding progra
- Work with Indigenous arts organisations and artists in remote and regional area
- Establish and maintain relationships with the arts, business and philanthropic sectors in the Northern
- In conjunction with the CEO and Executive Director Strategy and Programs, liaise with the state-based arts funding agencies in the Northern Territory to ensure services and programs delivered locally are relevant to the needs of the local arts sector.
- Provide high-level advice and prepare reports, briefings, correspondence and recommendations to the CEO and Executive Director Strategy and Programs as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropy, sponsorship and related legislation and taxation matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Northern Territory arts sector.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Well-developed written communication skill
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and constructive advice and deliver quality presentation
- Proven experience with a range of computer and information technology programs, including a strong understanding of the operations of databases.
- Ability to provide detailed analyses of program effectiven
- Ability to priorities tasks, manage time and report to set deadlines.
- Ability to work in an environment characterised by change, conflicting priorities and sensitiviti
- Ability to operate in both a team environment and independently.
Knowledge and Skills
- Resource Management
- Plans for and manages risks
- Seeks more efficient ways of doing things
- Operates in accordance with delegated authority, consistent with departmental and government policies
- Written Communication
- Prepares briefs, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language
- Ensures written communications contain necessary information to achieve their purpose
- Uses appropriate style and formats
- Has an understanding of the audience and how written materials may be interpreted
- Stakeholder Management
- Identifies key stakeholders of an issue/project
- Monitors client and stakeholder satisfaction
- Engages stakeholders and invests time in seeking their input
- Takes stakeholder needs and expectations into consideration when making recommendations
- Constructively deals with stakeholder issues and manages expectations
- Planning and Organising
- Puts a high priority on accomplishment and attaining results
- Identifies processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal
- Manages time effectively and completes tasks to deadline
- Distinguishes between the more and less critical activities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required
- Uses systems and procedures to guide work and track progress
- Recognises barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them
The key relationships are:
- State Managers
- ED Operations & Marketing
- ED Programs & Strategy
- Programs Team
- Finance & Operations Team
- Communications & Marketing Team
- NT Artists and arts organisations
- Foundations and trusts
- Business community
- Northern Territory Department of Arts and Museums and Arts NT
About the organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia’s purpose is to foster a culture of private sector support for the arts in Australia; to grow a more sustainable, vibrant and ambitious cultural sector for the benefit of all Australians.
How to apply for this role
To apply send your CV together with a one-page cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 6 March 2020. Please clearly mark the application STATE MANAGER, NT in the email subject line. Note that interviews for this role will be held on Tuesday 24 March 2020 in Darwin, NT.
For role-related queries, contact Jayne Lovelock, Executive Director, Operations and Marketing on
03 9616 0302 or email@example.com.
Please quote in application: State Manager, Northern Territory via Pro Bono Australia.