About the role
JRS Australia seeks a Country Director to lead its work upholding the rights of refugees, people
seeking asylum and other migrants in vulnerable situations and aiming to support people to
empower themselves, to live meaningful and dignified lives while feeling welcomed and connected
to a more fair and just community.
Position Specific Responsibilities
● Organisational Leadership
● Operational Planning and Management
● Programme Planning and Management
● Human Resources Planning and Management
● Financial Planning and Management
● Communications/Community relations/advocacy/community relations
● Risk management
- Do you have relevant expertise for this exciting and influential role?
- Are you a strategic thinker and a strong, open, consultative, adaptable and empathetic
- Are you capable of making difficult, ethically sound decisions?
- Are you passionate, collaborative, committed, and a good listener?
- Are you a grassroots leader passionate about listening to and working with your clients, staff
and your community support base as well as the sector, senior policy makers and religious
and community leaders?
- Are you a clear, confident and courageous communicator and advocate? Are you capable of
leading creative fundraising initiatives and building effective relationships with corporate,
philanthropic and institutional funders?
- Are you committed to building a safe and culturally, religiously, and gender diverse
- Are you committed to staff safety and self-care and professional development and to
continuous organisational improvement through monitoring and evaluation? If so, we would
welcome your application for this important position.
About the organisation
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to
accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. JRS works
in situations of greatest need, where people are most vulnerable, where there are gaps in services
and where partnerships can be formed to better serve people seeking safety.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Country Director via Pro Bono Australia.