About the role
- Full time
- Based in Collingwood, Melbourne or working remotely from another Australian location. (Working from home while COVID-19 restrictions apply)
- Salary range $85,000 – $95,000 per annum plus super and salary packaging
The officer will work alongside and support SNAICC’s national Board and Council of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders to achieve SNAICC’s vision of “an Australian society in which the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families are protected, our communities are empowered to determine their own futures, and our cultural identity is valued.”
This challenging role includes:
- researching and drafting papers, briefings, submissions and resources
- project management of significant national policy and research projects
- liaison with governments and advocacy for policy change
- consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders, service sectors and community representative.
This opportunity is ideal for exceptional individuals with demonstrated experience in policy and research, an in depth understanding of issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, and strong commitment to their rights, needs and aspirations.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
About the organisation
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, is seeking an experienced and tertiary qualified Senior Policy and Research Officer. The officer will provide high-level evidence-informed policy analysis of issues relating to SNAICC’s objectives and the rights and needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children with a focus on child development, safety and wellbeing.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy and Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.