About the role
- Suit Finance Manager with strong administrative and operational skills
- Support the Anglican church and be an essential member of the executive team
- Manage engagement and communications with stakeholders
The General Synod functions as a forum for the twenty three dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia to consider and determine matters in the affairs of the Church. The primary mission of the General Synod Office is to assist the church in its engagement with Australian society.
On a daily basis the office provides for the efficient functioning of the General Synod, secretariat support to the Standing Committee, resourcing its Commissions and working groups and supporting the functions of the Primate.
Based in the CBD and reporting to the General Secretary, the role is much broader than a standard Finance Manager role. You will provide strategic advice, and manage the effective delivery of services in the areas of finance, information technology, human resources, business operations, and risk management and compliance.
Overseeing a small team, this role liaises with Anglican dioceses, agencies and incorporated entities on regulatory issues relevant to religious bodies. Specifically you will:
- Provide authoritative advice on financial management policies, operations, compliance and reporting
- Manage the finance team to ensure compliance with policies, reporting, and accounting standards
- Report on financial results and provide analysis to assist decision making
- Ensure effective development and delivery with respect to IT, risk, office services and procurement
- Coordinate national initiatives with Anglican dioceses with a focus on customer service and delivery
This role will suit candidates from a wide range of backgrounds with experience a similar role who possess the following transferable skills:
- High level financial management skills and experience, including accounting qualifications (CPA or CA).
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial reports to senior boards and committees.
- Experience in managing a team to deliver quality services, manage priorities and meet objectives.
- Excellent skills in MYOB and Excel and the ability to translate financial information into plain English across various audiences.
- High level strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills
For the successful applicant a commitment to the Christian mission is essential.
Please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with any specific questions.
Note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Finance & Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.