About the role
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- .38 hours per week
Family Violence Flexible Support Packages (FSPs) are a Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) initiative to target risk and promote safety for women and children affected by family violence. The purpose of FSPs is to provide personalised support to increase safety and mitigate risk of harm from family violence by providing brokerage to support safety, stable housing, financial stability, family health and wellbeing, social and community participation and independence.
The Brokerage Administration Lead is responsible for ensuring the effective administration and delivery of brokered supports to victim/survivors. This involves ensuring systems and processes to administer packages of support are operatively effectively, undertaking of the assessment and approval of applications for funding, distribution of funds to external organisations accessing FSPs for their clients, financial management, oversight and reporting.
We are seeking someone with excellent skills in administration, the ability to understand program requirements and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best possible outcomes for victim/survivors. If you are good with the detail but never forget the big picture and want to make a real contribution to EDVOS’ vision of a community free from family violence where everyone feels safe, then this is a great opportunity for you.
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including group running coaching, yoga classes, strengthening and stretch and spike classes, walk at work, running coaching bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal committees (e.g. Quality and Safety and People and Culture steering committees) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm.
This position generally requires availability on Monday-Fridays only
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
EDVOS is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national.
EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Brokerage Administration Lead via Pro Bono Australia.