About the role
- Full-time contract until June 2022 with work from home days available
- A diverse and inclusive corporate culture with lived values & behaviours
- Multiple opportunities to join a respected community organisation
Are you looking for a career where you can assist people with disability and their families to pursue their goals? Do you want to work from one of our local offices in South East Queensland (including the Sunshine Coast, North Lakes, Lutwyche, and Eight Mile Plains) with work from home days available?
And perhaps work for an organisation where people from all walks of life are welcomed with open arms into our inclusive and diverse culture? If this sounds like you, you will love working with us as part of our Local Area Coordinator NDIS program!
We are currently looking for a new cohort of star performers to join Carers Queensland. At Carers Queensland we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce and inclusion initiatives including being one of few organisations in Australia to hold ‘Rainbow Tick’ accreditation.
As a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) you will be the key link between people with disability (and their families) and the National Disability Insurance Agency.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Build capacity and provide information to individuals, families, and carers to identify their goals, strengths and needs and plan for their future based on person-centred principles.
- Develop and monitor participant plans to ensure meaningful change is achieved.
- Build and maintain current working knowledge of local community supports and services.
- Maintain appropriate administrative records utilising the NDIS data system in a timely manner.
- Undertake the day-to-day operations of the role in a way that promotes independence, empowerment, and involvement of persons with disability.
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time role with Work from Home Days available (up to 2 days per week)
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $72,609.37 per annum (plus superannuation)
- Excellent Not-for-Profit Tax Benefits (up to $15,900)
- Accrued Days Off
- Professional development through ongoing training
- The opportunity to enact real and rewarding change in our participant’s lives
- A flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is highly valued and where our organisational values of integrity, respect, diversity, empowerment, and adaptability are heavily integrated into our culture.
Do you have:
- Qualifications in the fields of Human Services, Social Sciences, Disability, or comparable lived experience with disability or delivering human services?
- Demonstrated experience applying a person-centred approach to service provision and social inclusion?
- The ability to work in an autonomous environment and manage a case load?
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to build rapport and adapt skills according to the audience or target group involved?
- The skills and ability to be a team player and someone who thrives in a busy, dynamic environment?
- Experience/knowledge at entering information into databases with a high level of accuracy and detail whilst adhering to Government reporting requirements?
About the organisation
For almost 30 years, Carers Queensland has been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
We work within and value our local community, responding to unmet need with care and respect, assisting those who are disconnected through high-quality personalised support.
Our objective is to ensure you achieve your goals, enhance your relationships, and can move forward with a life based on your own decisions and choices.
How to apply
1. Go to http://carersqld.com.au/job-vacancies
2. Review our Position Description and Key Selection Criteria documents and Values and Behaviours
3. Submit your resume and a 2-page (maximum) application letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria on the KSC PDF.
Please Note: Applicants who are shortlisted will be required to attend an assessment centre which will be conducted on the 12th of May at Brisbane City Hall. Successful applicants will be invited to interview on the 13th of May.
If you have any questions about the role or would like to discuss further, please contact Nick Bennett, email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.