About the role
- Develop, advise, and implement governance best practice
- Board and Committee development and administration
- Fixed term contract – 7 to 8 months
- Membership of recognised body such as the Governance Institute of Australia
- Legal qualification desirable
Key role responsibilities
No to Violence is in an exciting stage of National growth and development working towards meeting it’s revised vision of ‘A world free from male violence’
We are seeking an experienced Company Secretary with solid and demonstrated governance experience to support the Board of Governance and CEO on this National growth, to implement the recommendations which have arisen following a recent Governance review.
The role will be responsible for advising the Board on good practice governance while implementing the recommendations to ensure that all Board of Governance compliance obligations are adhered to as well as documented.
Whilst working on the implementation of the recommendations, the role will also be closely involved in restructuring the current board with National representation. They will also work to ensure that the strategic plan is embedded in all aspects of Board activity and reporting.
Further details relating to the key roles and responsibilities of this role can be found in the position description on our website https://ntv.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
- Proven experience as a Company Secretary, with exposure to the full spectrum of Company Secretarial duties
- Membership of the Governance Institute of Australia
- Prior experience working as a Company Secretary in a not-for-profit or non-government organisation with experience working with voluntary directors
- Proven high level of written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
About the organisation
No to Violence is Australia’s largest peak body for services and individuals that work with men who use family violence, and operate the Men’s Referral Service – a free, confidential counselling and referral service. For more information about NTV please see our website - https://ntv.org.au/about-us/
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.