About the role
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a passionate Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications to join our high-performing team. This role is offered on a full-time basis and can be remote and/or located in any of our offices around Australia.
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, is responsible for our brand management – think bold intersectional feminist youth change-makers, engaging timely internal and external communications, and leading authentic, progressive language amplifying truth to power with compassion. This role works collaboratively across the Communications Team and with internal and external stakeholders, inclusive of young people, to develop and implement exciting feminist strategies to build the reputation of YWCA, our programs and services, advocacy, membership, events and fundraising.
However, we’re not simply out for impressive technical skills, we’re also looking for a candidate who won’t shy away from the f-word – Feminism. As an evolving intersectional feminist organisation, our values underpin everything we do and are imperative to how we determine success. If you’re looking to join a friendly and fiercely feminist team of system changers, and you’re as passionate about dismantling the patriarchy as you are about nailing the copy, we want to hear from you!
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Experience, exploration and understanding of intersectional feminism, gender equality, policy and advocacy through a gender lens.
- Relevant qualifications or experience in Marketing, Communications, PR or Digital Marketing.
- A flair for team engagement, leadership and celebration. Feminism points for including a strong interest in challenging power structures and developing teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships based on trust and collaboration across all levels of the organisation.
- Substantial experience in a directly relevant role in the not-for-profit, community housing, women’s leadership or another associated social justice sector.
- Experience and success in achieving financial targets for fundraising.
- Clear, concise and engaging copywriting skills with a portfolio of pieces ranging from media releases, speech notes, case studies, annual reports, brochures, social media copy and more.
- Demonstrated experience using graphic design and desktop publishing software with a portfolio of designed collateral or experience in leading design-related work.
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing and success in achieving digital growth targets.
- Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- A demonstrated passion for social change, results focused, self-motivated and contributing to a learning, evolving intersection feminist culture.
- This position will require the applicant to complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
About the organisation
YWCA Australia is a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our advocacy and community programs. Over the years we’ve made significant progress as we’ve gone through a number of evolutions, adapting to the ever-changing issues impacting women, young and old. We are now preparing to evolve again and transform the way we operate. Our revised 5-year strategy – the YWCA Evolve Strategy (YeS2026) will ensure that we continue to advance gender equality and deliver measurable and meaningful impact.
How to apply
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference - lead the change.
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.