About the role
TERM: Full-time, two years (renewable)
REPORTS TO: Head of Development
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 + statutory superannuation
- A strategic thinker, with the ability to develop and implement strategies relating to philanthropy and donors at the Wheeler Centre;
- A researcher and project manager, who is able to find and use information and data to identify, attract, manage and nurture relationships with donors and sponsors;
- An excellent communicator and collaborator, who can communicate and work effectively with stakeholders at every level of the organisation, as well as externally, including colleagues, funding bodies, Board directors, government stakeholders.
- A customer-focused networker and relationship-builder, who can represent the Wheeler Centre at events and to a diverse range of important stakeholders, and maintain effective relationships with those stakeholders. Having existing networks and contacts would be desirable.
- An experienced fundraiser (desirable), who can manage and grow the
Centre’s philanthropic support through campaigns, stewardship, and tailored
- A proficient writer, who can write clearly and succinctly across different
formats and media, including email, formal letters, campaign collateral,
reports, grant applications and acquittals;
- A pro-active self-starter, who can work within a small but high-functioning
team to lead and implement projects with minimal direction;
- A data-informed decision maker, preferably with experience in CRMs, ideally Tessitura or similar, and experience in using data analytics to drive strategic decision-making;
- An organised, systematic planner and multi-tasker who can juggle multiple priorities and projects and excels at time management;
- A team player, who can work efficiently and effectively with your team and other teams in the organisation to manage competing priorities and achieve shared outcomes.
Day-to-Day you will:
- Provide assistance to the Head of Development in managing and prioritising the pool of individual major donors and prospects from existing audiences using the Centre’s CRM system (Tessitura), CEO, Board, contacts and other sources.
- Develop new strategies that deepen donors’ commitment to the Centre and work with the Head of Development to implement them.
- Manage the identification, cultivation and stewardship of donors and sponsors through qualitative research, data analysis, tailored programmes and personalized communications.
- Maintain accurate donor tracking records and files in TWC’s CRM/ticketing database.
- Assist to prepare solicitation and donor mailings, including direct mail solicitation, invitation letters, receipts and acknowledgment letters.
- Coordinate small and large donation campaigns, working with the Marketing Team, to build the donor pipeline and increased support for the Centre.
- Represent the Wheeler Centre to internal and external constituents as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Head of Development, Director, volunteers and Board of Directors as required to identify new donors to all giving programs, including attending Development Council meetings as required.
- Support the planning and execution of prospect and current donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Research prospective philanthropic donors to the annual giving program and prepare donor profiles based on research.
- Prepare solicitation materials and tailor written proposals, including grant applications to trusts and foundations, progress reports and acquittals, with guidance from the Head of Development.
- Manage the TWC Development Email and manage all correspondence with individuals seeking to learn more about giving to the Wheeler Centre.
Success Looks Like:
- An increase in philanthropic income to the Wheeler Centre;
- Clear and timely communications with donors and stakeholders;
- The development of development strategies, created in collaboration with
the Head of Development;
- Contribution to a high-functioning development team and to clear and efficient workflows with other teams in the organisation.
About the organisation
Who We Are:
At the start of its second decade, the Wheeler Centre is at a point of transformation. With a new CEO and a new Strategic Plan, the Centre is dedicated to reimagining a post-Covid-19 arts and culture sector that prioritises access, inclusion and community.
The Wheeler Centre is Melbourne’s home for smart and engaging public talks on every topic. It exists to nurture the development and celebration of literature in Melbourne and beyond, and to encourage broad public engagement in books, writing and ideas. Our vision is to inspire curiosity, connection and engagement through the transformative power of storytelling.
Stories, conversations and ideas come together on live and digital platforms to celebrate and amplify the myriad voices that celebrate our creative connections.
We will work together to achieve this through:
- Championing writers
- Supporting the writing sector
- Elevating public conversation
- Engaging audiences
- Exemplifying inclusion and accessibility
- Future-proofing our approach
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.