About the role
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Program Manager, reports to the CEO and works closely with the TFFF team to fulfil the strategic and operational goals of the Foundation. The primary responsibilities of the role are to support the CEO to deliver strategy, maintain effective networks and relationships in the sectors of TFFF’s activities, and ensure the smooth running of the Foundation’s day-to-day work.
This role will be based in Brisbane, QLD.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Senior Program Manager will play a key role within TFFF’s team by working with not-for-profit organisations, other funders, the philanthropic and other relevant sectors. As part of this effort, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead grant making and management within the Health and Education sectors by analysing and summarising sector activity, grantmaking opportunities and related matters
- Research, source, initiate and manage relationships with collaborative stakeholders including philanthropic and government
- Ensure the smooth running of TFFF’s day to day work – grant making and management, team workflow and processes, board papers, meeting minutes, identity, and standards
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with government and non-government agents in these sectors to build impactful grant making partnerships
- Conduct due diligence and analysis of funding opportunities
- Develop recommendations with the CEO which will help deliver on TFFF’s strategic plan
- Analyse applications, reviews and final reports to assess the outcomes of grants and programs to inform future grant making
- Manage grant making, meeting requirements and other matters
- Maintain, review, and support the Foundation’s databases and electronic document and records management systems as required.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s external communications, its website, and Annual Report as required
- Contribute to the coordination of events for TFFF, and partner organisations as required.
About the organisation
ABOUT THE TIM FAIRFAX FAMILY FOUNDATION
TFFF was established as a private family foundation in June 2008. The TFFF exists to support rural, regional, and remote communities in Queensland and the Northern Territory to address the unique challenges they face due to their geographic location. We envisage a future where people in rural, regional, and remote areas of Queensland and the Northern Territory are afforded a level of opportunity equal to their metropolitan counterparts.
We focus on initiatives that are community driven; support leadership; encourage diversity; strengthen the community sector; and involve collaboration between both private and public sector partners in the community.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a letter of motivation addressing the essential criteria below (3 pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Executive-level experience within the Health and/or Education sectors
- Proactivity, with the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Advanced capacity for critical thought, analysis, research, and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid judgement and maturity
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small team environment
- Understands the need for, and demonstrates, confidentiality
- Relevant tertiary degree
Applications close Thursday 9 December 2021.
Please quote in application: Senior Program Manager – Health and/or Education via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Education_and_Employment, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General