About the role
Non-Executive Directors (Voluntary)
- Amaze Inc. is the peak body for autistic people and their families in Victoria
- Amaze is seeking to fill two vacancies for Non-Executive Directors on its Board:
1) Financial expertise
2) Autism advocacy expertise (autistic person)
For more than 50 years, Amaze has provided information and resources to autistic people and their families, the broader autism sector (service providers, researchers, autism organisations) and the wider community.
Today Amaze supports thousands of people every year and also advocates to government to influence positive change and builds the skills of the community to create a better world for autistic people and their families.
Amaze Inc. now invites applications for two vacancies for Non-Executive Directors on its Board.
Specifically, the Board is seeking to appoint:
- a Director with financial expertise – qualified and experienced senior finance manager, preferably from government or nonprofit organisations.
- a Director with autism advocacy experience – an autistic person who is actively engaged in autism networks and remains abreast of issues facing autistic people of all capabilities.
Core competencies and other qualifications for directors are detailed in the Position Description. Any queries about the role can be directed to Board Chair, Professor W. Bebbington AM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be considered for one of these positions, please apply by letter addressing the Core Competencies, including a current CV and listing two referees, and forwarded by email to Board Chair, Professor W. Bebbington AM, at email@example.com.
Applications should be received by 15 March 2021.
Applicants shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview with the Chair and a panel of Board members. Successful applicants will by appointed by the Board until the November 2021 Annual General Meeting, where Directors are elected for three-year terms. An applicant must agree to join Amaze Inc. as a Member to serve as a Director.
Note that this is a voluntary role.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Amaze Board Non-Executive Director (Voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.