About the role
Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp (VBLYC) is a not-for-profit organisation providing programs and opportunities to promote healthy development, inclusion, and wellbeing for young people, and particularly young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Board of the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp (VBLYC) is seeking to appoint a new Board Director with skills and qualifications in financial management and accounting to undertake the role of Treasurer.
The Treasurer is responsible for oversight of VBLYC’s financial processes, controls and records. Specific duties include working closely with the Executive General Manager in preparing and reviewing budgets, monthly accounts and financial statements, advising the Board on financial strategies, oversight of the annual audit process and management of the external audit relationship, and supporting staff with day-to-day financial matters. The Treasurer is also the Chair of the Finance and Risk Subcommittee.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp as we embark on a renewed strategic direction and new phase of growth for the camp. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about youth development, and has the time and energy to be part of a growing organisation.
The successful Candidate will need to demonstrate a mix of the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications and experience in financial management and/or accounting
- Capability and willingness to oversee the practical operational aspects of the organisation’s finances
- Strategic planning, critical thinking and influencing skills
- Experience using small business accounting software (VBLYC uses XERO)
- Sound understanding of payroll, superannuation, GST and FBT requirements
- Experience of current corporate governance relevant to voluntary and community organisations
- Prior experience on a non-profit board or regular provision of reports to a non-profit Board
- Chartered Accountant or CPA or recent membership of either body.
- Meet monthly with the EGM and Board Chair to review the monthly financial reports.
- Attend monthly Board meetings, usually the first Monday of the month, from 7pm to 9pm in person or via video conferencing.
- Chair monthly Finance and Risk Sub-Committee meetings.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Dean Stevenson, Chair, Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp at email@example.com
Short listed applicants will be required to undergo formal probity checks including a Working With Children Check and Police Check.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Board Director and Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.