About the role
The purpose of the Marketing & Communications Board Member is to raise the public profile of AfHA so that the organisation becomes the trusted voice and key source of information on happiness and wellbeing in Australia. The role is also responsible for assisting the Board in fulfilling its governance responsibilities and achieving AfHA’s mission.
- To develop and deliver a strategy to build brand awareness
- Overseeing a team of volunteers to manage our social media presence
- To identify media channels, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Help identify campaign messages, media opportunities and funding opportunities
- Be informed of the work of AfHA and publicly support and promote it
General Board responsibilities:
- To understand strategic, operational and financial decision making
- To assist the Chair, where required, to promote the organisation in a proactive manner
Qualifications/Skills and experience:
Ideal candidates will have:
- A qualification in marketing or related area (ideally bachelor’s degree) and/or at least three years’ experience in marketing or communications roles, ideally with experience building a brand and social media
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector as a volunteer or staff (desirable)
- Experience managing volunteers (desirable)
- Understanding of the positive psychology and the science of happiness (desirable)
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member – Marketing & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.