About the role
Doctors For Nutrition (DFN) is looking to appoint an experienced non-executive Director who has a genuine interest and commitment to DFN’s Vision and Mission, with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Public relations
- Political lobbying and advocacy
- Governance in not for profit sector
- The Australian healthcare system, including public health policies, management and governing regulatory landscape
- Academic or Researcher in medicine, nutrition or public health
The Board is currently made up of 3 Directors and is looking for an additional Director. Directors are appointed for a 2 year term.
The Board’s annual calendar includes up to 11 meetings. Board meetings are usually conducted by videoconferencing. Directors must be willing and available to take part in additional meetings if required.
No Directors fees may be paid to the Directors. However reasonable out of pocket expenses may be reimbursed, with Board approval.
About The Organisation
Founded in 2018, Doctors For Nutrition (DFN) is a small independent health-promotion charity with big plans to equip healthcare practitioners, institutions and the general public with evidence-based information and education on optimum human nutrition.
With medical and dietetic practitioner ambassadors across Australia, New Zealand and globally, our mission is to inspire the healthcare sector, policy makers and society at large to adopt whole food plant-based nutrition as a powerful tool in disease prevention and care.
Our ultimate vision is a society and healthcare system that embraces evidence-based nutrition solutions to help people optimise their health and quality of life.
We are working to grow awareness about the benefits of whole food plant-based nutrition among healthcare professionals, the general public and health-related institutions. Through evidence-based education, outreach and research on optimum human nutrition, we aim to prevent unnecessary suffering for patients, increase career satisfaction for practitioners and reduce the unsustainable costs of healthcare.
- A collaborative board member with a clear alignment to the values and mission of DFN.
- Previous Board experience.
- A strong understanding of not for profit governance including legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities.
- The ability to think strategically, to oversee and ensure the implementation of the strategic plan.
- The ability to analyse key financial statements, critically assess financial viability and performance, and contribute to strategic financial planning.
- An understanding of risk management and oversight.
- GAICD or similar qualification will be highly regarded
How To Apply
Applicants from all states/territories are sought.
Applications should be addressed to: Dr Heleen Roex – Chair, Doctors for Nutrition, and forwarded to the General Manager of DFN, Marion Meloni at:
Closing date: July 19, 2020
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0429962755
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member / Non Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.