About the role
The Board of Glen Eira Kindergarten Association (‘GEKA’) is inviting expressions of interest to fulfil an upcoming position on our Board.
GEKA is a not-for-profit Early Years Management Service currently managing ten kindergartens in the Glen Eira community. Now in our eighth year of operation, and positioned for further growth we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual in early years’ management services to contribute their knowledge as a valued Board member.
We are a skills based board and currently seeking to replace our outgoing Treasurer. The Treasurer will work with GEKA’s Chief Financial Officer and chair the Finance Committee. The candidate must hold a current practising certificate issued by either CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or Institute of Public Accountants.
The Finance Committee, led by the Treasurer, is responsible for ensuring the financial reports are delivered by the CFO monthly, with the Treasurer presenting a verbal report to each monthly Board Meeting.
The Finance Committee is responsible for:
- Ensuring appropriate financial controls are implemented to protect GEKA’s assets
- Ensuring appropriate reporting mechanisms to enable the Board to fulfil its obligations under the Associations Incorporation Act 2012 (Vic) (‘the Act’)
- Ensuring compliance with Australian Accounting Standards
- Ensuring financial record keeping meets the requirements as specified in the Act
- Organising the engagement of an external auditor
- Compiling and lodging necessary audited reports and annual returns with the appropriate regulatory bodies.
The successful candidate must have a current practising certificate issued by either CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or Institute of Public Accountants.
In addition, the candidate should have the following attributes:
- Good business acumen
- Great communication skills
- Exhibit behaviour to the highest ethical standards in the best interest of the organisation
- Passion for giving back to the community as a volunteer
- Commitment to be an active member of a small dedicated team
Term of board appointment
This is a volunteer role, and we do request a minimum term of 3 years.
The successful applicant will be required to attend:
- Monthly Board meetings outside of business hours, held in East Bentleigh; and
- Bi-monthly Finance Committee outside of business hours, held via teleconference.
To apply please visit: https://geka.org.au/about-geka/employment/
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member – Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.