About the role
Volunteer Treasurer sought to join Board of Management
Moonee Valley Legal Service (MVLS) is currently seeking to fill a vacancy in the Treasurer Role on our Board of Management.
MVLS is a not-for-profit Community Legal Centre overseen by a volunteer Board of Management which commenced operation in 1985. MVLS provides free legal advice, assistance and referrals to people who live, work or study within the City of Moonee Valley catchment, as well as free community legal education to organisations, services and the wider community.
Social justice and equality for all.
To work with our diverse community to provide high quality, culturally appropriate legal services, community legal education and advocacy.
The MVLS Board of Management consists of 7 members who operate as individuals to oversee the strategic direction of the service.
Board meetings are held approximately every 6 weeks, on Monday evenings between 6.00 – 8.00pm. The Board may make alternative arrangements for meetings by agreement.
Board members should expect to contribute approximately 6 hours per month to the Service. More time may be required when complex issues arise or specific tasks need to be undertaken. Some email communication may occur in between meetings as issues arise.
What we are looking for
- A commitment to social justice
- A connection to the City of Moonee Valley community (e.g. current or past resident, employed within the catchment etc.)
- Must not be listed in as a banned or disqualified person on the ASIC register
- Financial qualifications and understanding of the reporting and accountability requirements application to the community legal and/or not-for-profit sector
- Prior Board or Committee experience and an understanding duties relevant to the position
For further information
For further information, please contact Jacki Holland, Manager, at email@example.com or on 9376 7929.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and how you hope to contribute to Moonee Valley Legal Service through membership of the Board, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0393767929
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member (Treasurer) – Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.