About the Role
GREAT Community Transport
Great Community Transport is a not-for-profit organisation operating across the Blue Mountains and Penrith areas. We offer accessible and affordable transport options for people who are transport disadvantaged, frail aged and younger people with disabilities and their carers and are looking to expand the range and diversity of our services.
We offer transport for medical, shopping and social outings to eligible clients and pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide to people in need.
GREAT Community Transport is seeking to appoint suitably qualified and experienced persons to our Board. The Board oversees the organisation and has up to 9 members who meet on a monthly basis. Meetings are currently held in the evening at Penrith. Board members serve in a voluntary capacity. We have a vacancy for a Secretary and vacancies for up to two general Board member positions. This presents an opportunity to come on board and work with a great team and get involved strategically.
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings (minimum attendance at 9 Board meetings per annum)
The Secretary has the following roles:
- Ensure Agendas are prepared and sent out with the minutes, Treasurer’s and Manager’s Report at least 3 working day prior to the meeting;
- To keep a record of the names of the Board present at a Board meeting;
- Take accurate minutes of the Board of Management meetings and update the action list at each meeting;
- Ensure arrangements for the Annual General Meeting including oversighting the production of the Annual Report, appointment of a returning officer and management of the Board election process and associated paperwork;
- Ensure minutes of meetings are signed by the Chairperson when accepted as a true record by the next Board meeting;
- Ensure a correspondence list is presented relevant to the Board of Management’s responsibilities;
- Ensure that the Membership & Board Member Register is maintained;
- Collect and issue receipt for Membership Fee;
- Compile and sign correspondence written on behalf of the Board of Management as directed; and
- Work with the Chairperson to make the meetings productive and effective.
General Selection Criteria
- Views or experience to inform strategic and business challenges and opportunities for funded not for profits.
- Active contribution – actively contribute with genuine interest in the organisation and its business.
- Commercial judgment and instinct – can demonstrate good business instinct and acumen, and be able to assimilate and synthesize complex information;
- Self-awareness and self-management and the ability to demonstrate empathy manifested through strong interpersonal skills. Can work well in a group, listen well, be tactful yet able to communicate in a cogent and candid viewpoint
- Proven reliability and organisational skills
- Good team member with strong communication skills
- Integrity – fulfilling a Treasurer’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Ability to ask questions and have robust discussions with management and fellow board members when required;
- Technologically savvy and both proficient with and passionate about Information Technology
- All Board Members are expected to behave in accordance with, the values of Great Community Transport which are: Community Focus, Commitment, Respect, Quality, Empowerment and Integrity.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0411231146
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Positions Great Community Transport via Pro Bono Australia.