About the Role
Oaktree is one of Australia’s largest youth-run organisations. We seek guidance and are governed by our incredible Board of Directors, who have a range of experience and skills. Their work directly shapes how Oaktree grows and evolves, from setting strategy to collaborating with our CEO.
We are seeking an individual to join our Board of Directors as a Chairperson.
As a member of our board, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, ensuring strategy fulfills Oaktree’s mission and values. You’ll be joining a great team of current Board members, and have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experts in their fields.
If you are passionate about youth and international development, motivated and have the right experience you could be the perfect fit for this organisation.
Are you someone who:
– Has a passion for human rights.
– Values long term solutions to ending global poverty, and is committed to facilitating youth-organised change.
– Works to maximise impact, seeking to innovate and learn from wins and failures.
– Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations.
– Strives to always work with humility and integrity.
As the Chair of Oaktree’s board, you will be responsible for: :
– Facilitating the effective functioning of the board including managing the conduct, frequency and length of board meetings.
– In consultation with CEO setting the agenda for the matters to be considered by the board.
– Seeking to ensure that the board as a whole has the opportunity to maintain adequate understanding of the organisation’s financial position, strategic performance, – operations and affairs generally and the opportunities and challenges facing the organisation.
– Facilitating open and constructive communications amongst board members and encouraging their contribution to board deliberations.
– Overseeing and facilitating board, committee and board evaluation, succession planning and recruitment.
– Liaising and interfacing with the CEO as the primary contact between the board and management; and
– Supporting CEO appointment, performance management and succession.
As a youth-run organisation, one-third of our Board is required to be under the age of 27, and we encourage individuals under 27 to apply.
– Two years.
– On average, about three hours a week. The Board meets 6-7 times a year and sub-committees meet ~6 times a year in our offices in Melbourne.
Closing date: 15/03/2019
Apply via our website: https://www.oaktree.org/current_opportunities
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Chairperson via Pro Bono Australia.