About the role
The AMES Australia Mentor Program matches skilled professional migrants with Mentors from the same profession or sector, who support them towards gaining employment.
AMES Australia is seeking a volunteer to mentor a migrant with a background in Veterinary Science
Despite their good English, qualifications, skills and experience, a lack of local experience and knowledge of the Australian job search process can be an obstacle to employment. With support they can overcome these obstacles and begin their career in Australia.
What do Mentors do?
• Meet weekly in the CBD (time/day flexible)
• Role play job interview questions
• Proofread job applications
• Provide Industry/sector specific advice re: employment
• Support to settle into a new job
• Discuss Australian workplace culture
Do you have?
• Current knowledge of job search process/strategies
• The profession required
• At least three years Australian workplace experience
• Currently working or recently retired
• The ability to commit to one hour per week for 6 months
• A desire to foster social inclusion and change lives
Prior to starting as a Mentor you will need to :
• provide your CV
• consent to a Police Check (at no cost)
• provide two referees
• attend an interview/induction.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 9926 4648
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Could you mentor a Skilled Migrant? (Vet or Veterinary Science) via Pro Bono Australia.