About the Role
We are on the hunt for a passionate and motivated young leader to join Empowered Together’s Operations team.
Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence. Our vision is a world where sexual integrity is respected, sexual violence is taken seriously and those who have experienced sexual violence receive the support they need to heal.
We are youth run and seek to engage this generation to lead the change. Our two main operations include running workshops on consent and sexual assault in secondary schools and engaging the wider community through our online platforms.
The Education Facilitator Manager will take a key leadership position in the organisation, focusing on improving how Empowered Together trains facilitators, including recruiting facilitators when needed and running facilitator training sessions.
The key duties are:
1. Facilitator education – Assisting the operations team by running facilitator training sessions, and proactively supporting facilitators to better understand and communicate the workshop content.
2. Facilitator recruitment – Supporting the recruitment of facilitators when needed.
3. Facilitator feedback – Ensuring that facilitator feedback is communicated to the operations team to be included in the workshops so that content remains contemporary and useful for students.
4. Running workshops – Acting as a facilitator yourself by running workshops in secondary schools on the topic of consent and sexual violence prevention
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual violence
• Has a background in education, either through studies or work experience
• Is proactive and self-sufficient and can perform tasks with minimal supervision
• Is confident with public speaking and leadership
The successful candidate will be expected to be available Sundays at 2 – 4pm when our facilitator training takes place. These run every second Sunday. You will not be expected to attend every session but should ensure you can attend the majority.
Commitment outside the training sessions are expected to be around 2 hours a week.
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Operations team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Education Facilitator Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain invaluable practical experience training facilitators and facilitating workshops themselves
• Make contacts with other educators and schools
• Undertake a leadership role where you will be managing an enthusiastic and diverse team of young people
• Connect with a community of like-minded individuals passionate about the prevention of sexual violence through education
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Operating Officer, Ryan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
All applications are due by Sunday 31 March 2019.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Education Facilitator Manager via Pro Bono Australia.