About the role
Glen Eira Adult Learning Centre Inc (GEALC) is an award-winning not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Learn Local organisation and an Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) provider.
With almost 500 members from our local community, GEALC employs over 14 part-time staff and turns over around $500,000 each year. Volunteers boost the centre’s capability and output.
We provide quality, affordable and accessible education for adults. We support their full participation in society through further education, employment and community inclusion. We offer:
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) and literacy training
- Computer training including Microsoft Office programs, iPad training and digital technology
- Skills training, including Medical Reception, Business Administration, Event Management, Career Choices and Mind Your Own Business (MYOB)
- Personal development programs including health and wellbeing programs (Chi Yoga, Art & Drawing, Sewing)
- Community engagement events (Multicultural Festival, Biggest Morning Tea, Victorian Seniors’ Festival, Social Inclusion Lunch, Health & Wellbeing workshops).
Our caring, professional and dedicated Executive Officer (EO), staff and volunteers provide a warm and welcoming centre. Our volunteer Committee of Management provides stable, friendly and capable strategic direction and governance support to the EO, who handles GEALC’s business activities and service delivery.
Our stable and committed team enjoys great relationships with the local council, members of parliament, funding providers and local community organisations.
We are looking for volunteers to join the Committee of Management, and would particularly value expressions of interest from people who have skills and experience in:
- Human resource management
- Risk, quality & compliance
Daniel Fine – 0438 592 557 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashwind Skinnon – 0400 910 388
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: General Committee of Management member via Pro Bono Australia.