About the role
- Leading the event production team and function, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Build production strategy for 2021 – including both online, in-person and hybrid events
- Review, reflect and update production strategy annually
- Represent Production and event management expertise into Leadership team
- The overall event production execution, including setting timelines and maintaining quality of all TEDxMelbourne events
- Lead and manage Production team of approximately 8-12 volunteer members
- Overseeing production budget and cashflow support
The Head of Production works closely with Curation, Marketing and Production teams in the lead-up to each event. At a leadership level, the HoP is supported by all members of the Leadership team.
- Ability to effectively communicate to the executive team and key partners
- Ability to understand TEDxMelbourne branding and the organisation’s culture
- Ability to delegate and anticipate potential future challenges
- Leadership experience in a similar role
- 6+ years of experience producing major events and conferences for 2000+ pax as well as highly designed boutique events
- Creative and curious nature
- It would be extra if you have interests in: Innovation, design, technology, entertainment, new media or contemporary arts
About the organisation
TEDxMelbourne is run by passionate volunteers who are dedicated to sharing ideas with you, our community - the Curious, Creative, Courageous and the Connected.
We strive to change the way people think and feel about the world we live in for the better. TEDxMelbourne is a not-for-profit organisation.
Since 2009, TEDxMelbourne has explored ideas and issues important to you and the world- sometimes rapidly, sometimes dramatically. From climate issues to politics, technology, globalisation and freedom of speech, each area has allowed us to shine a light on what's current and relevant to you. We look forward to continuing to deliver on ideas worth spreading, alongside you, our community.
How to apply
Only applications received via our website will be accepted: https://www.tedxmelbourne.com/volunteer-roles/head-of-production
Please quote in application: Head of Production via Pro Bono Australia.