About the role
Oaktree is Australia’s largest youth-led international development organisation.
The Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee (RCSC) is a delegated sub-committee of Oaktree’s Board, responsible for assuring the Board of organisational compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations and overseeing the definition and implementation of policies and controls to manage organisational risk and compliance.
We are seeking new members to join our Risk and Compliance Sub-Committee.
The RCSC is currently overseeing a process of ensuring compliance with both ACFID and ANCP/DFAT requirements. ACFID CSA is required to be submitted every 3 years and was most recently submitted in July 2020. Post submission, there will be lighter touch annual reviews and reports required. Oaktree is also considering applying for ANCP (Australian NGO Cooperative Program) funding from DFAT. This will require approximately 12-18 months to prepare the organisation and evidence to support the systems and processes embedded that meet compliance requirements. Submission is planned for July 2021.
Oaktree is also continuing to build and establish its risk and compliance processes and is looking to further embed this into the organisation in 2020 and beyond.
EOI closes: Tuesday 15th December 2020.
Are you someone who:
- Has a passion for promoting young people, justice and human rights
- Values long term solutions to end global poverty, and is committed to facilitating youth-organised change
- Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations
- Strives to always work with humility and integrity
- Has clear and concise communication skills
- Holds professional experience in legal, risk management or compliance (particularly with ACFID or DFAT) domains
- Has experience in non-profit governance or executive management
- A minimum 12 month commitment
- At minimum six sub-committee meetings each year (though more frequent meetings are expected in the coming 12-24 months)
- Email an expression of interest with subject ‘EOI – RCSC Advisory member role’ to email@example.com, including:
- Your CV
- A cover letter addressing the skills and expertise being sought
- The RCSC Chair will contact shortlisted candidates to arrange an interview
- If you are selected, you will need to:
- Provide a Police Check and WWCC
- Agree and sign to Oaktree’s Code of Conduct
- Undertake training on Oaktree’s policies including Child Safeguarding, Anti-discrimination, Bullying and Harassment, PSEAH
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Member of Risk and compliance Sub-Commitee (RCSC) via Pro Bono Australia.