About the role
Volunteers to help with running local a community ride
- Help other students explore inner Melbourne while expanding their community
- Develop invaluable interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fantastic opportunity to give back to the community
- Experience working with and help people from different backgrounds.
Who we are:
Neighbourly Ride is about getting people active and social. Our purpose to build inclusive, interconnected local communities and improve mental and physical health outcomes for individuals.
We organise short, leisurely rides around the local community, stopping at a local cafe for a chat along the way. These rides are lead by passionate volunteers who share our vision and who are committed to creating a fun, friendly and welcoming environment for all riders.
We encourage everyone to join our rides including kids, international students, Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders, new migrants, the LGBTIQ community, and people who have limited experience in riding a bike.
Our Rides take place once per week in Carlton, North Carlton and Southbank and are only 40 minutes long.
We are looking for passionate, friendly and experienced riders to join our team as volunteer Ride Leaders.
Business Experience – Volunteering can help boost a resume above the pack, and this role offers a great opportunity at gaining that volunteering experience
- Regular Events – Put on to help celebrate your dedication to the organisation
Visible Impact – Volunteers will see tangible results and the impact of their time and energy
Social Network – Work within a community to make friends and build genuine social connections
Health and Wellness – Studies show that volunteering has incredible health benefits. While doing good for others, one can fight depression and social isolation as well as keeping physically active on our rides
- Lead riders along a planned and leisurely bike trials in Melbourne
- Insure all group members are comfortable and enjoying themselves
- Prompt conversation during stops and encourage socialising
- Document rides by taking photos and video for social media
What we are looking for:
- Riding experience
- ‘Working With Children’ check preferred but not essential
- First Aid/ CPR accreditation (can be provided)
- Passionate about being active and mental health support
- Leadership experience
- Comfortable managing a group of people in an outdoor environment
- Outgoing, fun and friendly
- Initial training including written and practical skills
- Insurance cover
If this sounds like something you would like to explore further, please apply as we are always looking for additional Neighbourly Ride Leaders
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0419948683
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Neighbourly Ride Leader via Pro Bono Australia.