About the Role
The AYCC is currently looking for one outstanding individual to join the team and lead the AYCC New South Wales branch for 2018, alongside our current two State Leaders. This is an incredible opportunity to build AYCC New South Wales to powerfully implement strategic grassroots campaigns at a crucial time for the climate. This is an opportunity to use your existing leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills to make a significant and lasting contribution to the climate movement. In this position you will build skills in management, communications, community organising, strategy, campaigning and much more. This is your chance to be part of a dynamic and exciting leadership team that is building a generation-wide movement to solve the climate crisis.
ABOUT THE AYCC
The Australian Youth Climate Coalition has grown from a handful of people in 2006 to over 120,000 members and hundreds of volunteers around the country. We have successfully campaigned to get a price on carbon, held Power Shifts with thousands of participants, and convinced all four of Australia’s big four banks to pull out of involvement with the proposed Adani Carmichael coal mine on the Great Barrier Reef. We’ve reached hundreds of thousands of young people with our message demanding a safe climate future and are building a generation wide movement to solve the climate crisis before it’s too late. We do this work alongside the Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network. In 2018 our main focus
will be ensuring that the Adani coal mine in Queensland does not go ahead.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An AYCC State Leader needs to have a deep passion and commitment to solving the climate crisis through building and mobilising a generation-wide movement. They will possess strong leadership qualities and will be required to inspire and mobilise young people on climate change.
The following responsibilities and skills are to be shared between a team of 3 State Leaders (2 existing). If you are motivated and feel that you can fulfil part or all of these criteria, we encourage you to apply.
● Build and mobilise a grassroots movement by supporting and building local groups.
● Facilitate and support the growth of the NSW State Leadership team.
● Manage branch volunteers and coordinators in the NSW State Leadership team.
● Maintain communication between National AYCC Staff team and other state teams.
● Support the management of social media and communications.
● Develop and implement AYCC campaigns and projects in New South Wales.
● Facilitating leadership and state meetings, and trainings.
● Manage volunteer support systems with the state team. This includes the welcoming, induction and training of new volunteers.
● Support the management and implementation of a state volunteer recruitment strategy. This includes
text-outs, community stalls, and call-outs to engage new and existing volunteers in grassroots activities.
● Manage state fundraising plans and budgets
● Network and collaborate with other organisations and community groups in New South Wales that we can learn from and work with.
● Endeavour to create an open, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, abilities and identities.
● Work alongside Seed – Indigenous Youth Climate Network.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
● Confident in working independently and with strong initiative
● Outstanding communication skills
● Efficient, highly-effective and reliable
● Committed to teamwork
● Resourceful, innovative and flexible
● Experience in inspiring and motivating others including public speaking and facilitation experience
● Committed to building a youth climate justice movement
● Embrace AYCC purpose, theory of change, and culture
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a short resume (2 pages max), and cover letter (1 page) detailing your experience and interest in the role to Sally Coggiola at email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role further please feel free to contact our current NSW Organiser Sally Coggiola (0415 116 992 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications are considered on a rolling basis, with the successful applicant ideally able to start by 2nd April 2018.
We also acknowledge that sometimes the best people for the role may not fulfil all the above criteria, but are motivated and quick learners. We encourage all to apply.
Check out our jobs & volunteer positions site here: http://www.aycc.org.au/jobs
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0415116992
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: NSW State Leader via Pro Bono Australia.