About the role
ORCA location: 652 Albany Creek Road, Albany Creek 4035.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s ORCA Program is looking for volunteers to assist us to build meaningful connections for young post-school adults with disabilities in the community with a focus on training, work experience and ultimately employment.
As part of their role, volunteers will:
• Form meaningful appropriate supportive mentor relationships with the participants.
• Support participants through each day – including theory-based learning and hands-on practical work experience.
• Encourage participants to develop confidence, competence, and independence with their daily routine at ORCA – for example where to put belongings, sign in, begin work, etc.
• Liaise with supervisors regarding behavior and engagement level of participants.
• Provide feedback via daily sharing cards or social media closed group for ORCA families.
• Undertake other duties as required.
ORCA operates 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on Mondays to Friday during school terms. Volunteers negotiate and agree to their hours prior to commencement.
Essential for this role: a long-term commitment, willingness to acquire probity checks (All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland).
Please follow this link to read more about the volunteer position and to complete a quick registration form, outlining your contact details and time availability:
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: ORCA Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.