About the Role
Save the Children’s Emergency Health Unit (EHU) is an innovative initiative to provide life-saving health care and medical assistance in humanitarian settings- disasters, conflicts and disease outbreaks. EHU has already reached out to more than a million people in such settings. We want to reach out to more children and others who are often ignored, neglected or left out in such settings. We are currently working on a project to mobilise medical and health professionals from Australia.
About the Opportunity
You’ll work with our EHU team and develop a creative way to enrol nurses, doctors and paramedics to begin to meet the unmet health needs in 124 countries where Save the Children works. A simple and creative way to do ‘match-making’. You’ll help develop a platform that will effectively and efficiently identify and deploy Australian-based medical professionals / Overseas Trained Doctors (OTDs) to crisis situations. Enabling them to enter the country quickly, access the relevant medical systems and treat patients effectively and with confidence.
- Set up a creative electronic platform to enrol nurses, doctors and paramedics in Australia to support the work of Emergency Health Unit.
- Advertise and market the platform and encourage applications.
- Enrol / recruit nurses, doctors and paramedics
- Process all the system requirements to deploy them- induction, child safe guarding training, security training, other checks
- Maintain and continuously improvise the platform
- Deploy with EHU or experts on the platform if necessary.
You think beyond your background of 3+ years in Recruitment or HR and are motivated to make the world a better place. You have:
- Strong knowledge of human resources management particularly recruitment and candidate engagement
- Experience in, or demonstrable knowledge of SaaS environments
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office (mainly Excel) and the aptitude to learn and use new IT tools
How to apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the ‘Apply’ section.
Applications close 5.00pm 11 April 2018. For any enquiries, please reach out to email@example.com
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Skilled Volunteer Opportunity – HR / Recruitment via Pro Bono Australia.