About the role
Community Sporting clubs are facing a difficult 12 months as Covid 19 has halted sporting activities resulting in huge reduction in incoming membership fees and opportunities for fundraising through social activities. Powerhouse St Kilda Hockey Club wants to be in the best position possible when activities can resume to recruit new players and new sponsors.
Our vision is that Port Phillip residents of all ages, backgrounds & abilities have access and opportunity to participate in an appropriate & high-quality hockey program.
About the Project
Develop a Marketing and Tactical Plan that focuses on actions, timeframes and owners. Within PSKHC you will be working most closely with the President of PSKHC. We can also offer you advice and professional development in relation to the project, from marketing professionals associated with the club.
The purpose of the Marketing Plan is to obtain greater local community awareness of, and engagement with, the Club in order to:
- Attract schools (especially primary schools) have us conduct junior introductory and development programs on site in all four terms.
- Attract juniors O10s to U18s from primary and high schools in our zone.
- Attract financial and ‘in kind’ sponsors
- Increase general recruitment and support (all ages) from the local community. We especially want to attract women and to engage socio-economically disadvantaged kids.
This plan will:
- Identify the schools to target (state and private, primary and secondary), develop a register of contacts, formulate communications both to the school and also targeting school community members to promote our Hockey Club.
- Identify Tertiary Institutions, their internal channels and develop promotional material to encourage Students to participate
- Identify local council community communication channels
- Identify local area newsletters, papers, social media sites and how to access them.
- Help identify how we might target the socially disadvantaged communities in Port Philip (for example there are 15 towers in our Zone).
- Develop a sponsorship pack for use promoting the club to potential sponsors including identifying what we can offer them in return.
- Review other club websites and identify what is working well and what ideas we can repurpose. You will develop a list of recommendations
- Review social media channels and address how we can better leverage these – this includes our FB / Instagram and other Hockey Victoria or general hockey sites
- Document a calendar of events – open days / school on-site promotions etc.
You are organised and reliable, with great communication skills, energy and ideas!
You potentially are:
- Coming to the end of a Marketing degree, or are a recent graduate looking to put your new-found skills to work, and build up your network and your resume. During this project we can offer advice and mentoring from Marketing professionals.
- A Marketing professional with some extra time on your hands, looking to expand your resume and put back to the community.
You don’t need in depth knowledge of Hockey!
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0417399538
Email : Alex.email@example.com
Please quote in application: Tactical Marketing Plan for Powerhouse St Kilda Hockey Club via Pro Bono Australia.