About the Role
We are seeking a Treasurer to be part of the Outdoors WA volunteer board. The position involves ensuring the maintenance of financial records, attendance at monthly evening Board meetings and working closely with the Executive Officer to produce the reports for Board and the AGM.
Check out the ongoing work of Outdoors WA at http://www.outdoorswa.org.au/
Outdoors WA is the peak body for the outdoor sector in Western Australia, including camping, outdoor recreation and outdoor education.
We are looking for someone that has a passion for the outdoors, is an expert with numbers and is keen to see our community organisation flourish.
About this opportunity
The Treasurer role has proven for Outdoors WA to be a key volunteer role.
In the past 3 years the treasurer has completely realigned the bookwork of Outdoors WA and migrated across to Xero so all board members have access to the accounts.
In a general sense Outdoors WA relies on the role of the Treasurer to ensure that organisation’s financial affairs are managed in the most effective manner possible. This includes ensuring that, at meetings, the Board of Management Committee remains well informed of all financial processes and procedures, that budgets and financial statements are distributed in a timely manner, and that Board of Management Committee members understand the organisation’s financial situation.
The Outdoors WA board are all volunteers that are either working in the outdoors or have a specialised skill set that complements the work of Outdoors WA. We meet on a monthly basis for 2hrs in the evening.
The Treasurer ensures that the financial systems are accurate by.
• Ensuring monthly reconciliations
• Processing of quarterly BAS statements
• Processing of the payroll fortnightly.
• Processing of the superannuation – quarterly
• Roll over of the end of financial year
• Supporting the yearly independent audit process.
• maintaining our financial records, including account reconciliation, reimbursement of expenses, and tracking grant, donation and other income and expenditure,
• managing cash flow, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll
• producing financial reports, as required.
• Working knowledge of Xero accounting software.
• National Police Certificate
• An interest in outdoor recreation
• Ability to network with others
• Solid level of communication
• Willingness to expand on current knowledge and skills
Min requirement of 10 x board meetings and AGM annually, plus own networking.
This takes an hour a week or so, and depends on the time of the year. It is always more time at the end of the financial year.
Good for those Interested in:
Accounting and Finance
Governance, Board, Committee
Jamie Bennett – Executive officer
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0894680102
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Treasurer – Outdoors WA via Pro Bono Australia.