About the Role
Big Group Hug is a solely volunteer run organisation that was founded in 2014 to support disadvantaged families in the community by providing donated goods to help them care for their young children, aged newborn to twelve years old.
The Social Media Coordinator will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active Big Group Hug BGH) campaigns, engage the public and increase online presence.
The social media coordinator will directly contribute to increasing BGH’s capacity to provide material aid for families in need by increasing public awareness of local families in our community doing it tough and how this affects developing babies and children and also communicating progress on specific BGH campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Identify key online channels for BGH to establish a presence
- Develop a social media strategy to support the organisation’s campaigns and fundraising activities, and
- establish targets for increasing online reach
- Post regular updates to BGHs’ social media outlets, including news articles, blog posts, media releases, fundraising appeals, and any other promotional items
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
- Adapt general BGH campaign messaging for the different outlet-specific audiences
Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest)
Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
Works well independently and as part of a team
This position requires a minimum 3 month commitment for 2-4 per week which can be completed in the at home.
Benefits and recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Communications and Non- Profit Management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector; and anyone with a passion for doing their part for our community.
Volunteers are highly valued members of the BGH team and contribute to making a significant difference.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0410569400
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Social Media Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.