Volunteers are the driving force behind many not-for-profit organisations, so understanding and managing the volunteering process is essential to a thriving team.
This Masterclass will provide you with the long term lessons from the sector’s leading experts, and allow you to advocate for your volunteers, manage their relationships and understand international trends. It will equip you with the concepts and resources you need to have a thorough understanding of how you can effectively manage and utilise your volunteers.
Consisting of three of Pro Bono Australia’s most insightful and popular webinars regarding volunteer management, you’ll leave feeling confident and ready to communicate why your volunteers deserve respect and resources from your team members.
What does the Masterclass include?
The Masterclass includes audio and video recordings, slide decks and webinar books for each webinar. The webinar book is a tool designed to ensure your learnings last. It includes the session’s transcript with corresponding slides, the live chat stream and presenter notes. Also included is the Volunteer ROI Calculator created by Tobi Johnson & Associates.
Purchasing a ticket for this masterclass will provide you with:
- Why calculating ROI is important for organisations that involve volunteers
- How ROI can strengthen programs and build trust
- Learn simple ways to calculate ROI
- The limitations & challenges to tracking your investment and return
- Compelling alternatives to tracking ROI
- Included is the Volunteer ROI Calculator created by Tobi Johnson & Associates
- How to blend new volunteers with long-time volunteers
- How to manage “inherited” volunteers
- How to differentiate loyal volunteer commitment from the difficulty of “ownership”
- To set and enforce boundaries and policies
- The importance of clearly defining who does what
- Consider ways to address the decline in volunteering
- Understand how technological shifts are changing consumer and volunteer expectations
- Work with some of the new, ‘brain-friendly’ ways to engage volunteers
- Recognise the impact of increasing voluntourism
- Understand the United Nation’s new Sustainable Development Goals provide opportunities
Seen one but not the other?
At $100 for three webinars, you’ll save $20 by purchasing this Masterclass. If you’ve seen one, you can purchase the webinars individually via the links above.
Who should attend?
These webinars are for participants who have a base understanding of volunteer management. It will be useful for both entry level employees with less than five years of appropriate professional experience, as well as management level employees with five-plus years of professional experience.
Tobi Johnson, MA, CVA is an internationally recognized expert in volunteer engagement and the President of Tobi Johnson & Associates and VolunteerPro, an online learning community for volunteer managers. In 2015, she wrote Chapter 1 of the anthology Volunteer Engagement 2.0, edited by VolunteerMatch.org, and published by Wiley & Sons.
Susan J. Ellis
Susan J. Ellis is President of Energize, Inc., an international training, consulting, and publishing firm that specializes in volunteerism. She founded the Philadelphia-based company in 1977 and since then has assisted clients in 23 countries to create or strengthen their volunteer corps.
Peter Devereux is a part time Research Fellow at Curtin University’s Sustainability Policy Institute advancing the Doctorate of Sustainable Development focussed on the new UN Sustainable Development Goals. He has focused as a researcher/practitioner on volunteering for development for over 25 years.