About the Role
Are you looking for your next career challenge where your true value will be respected, valued and fostered?
Are you seeking a role that will see you working within an iconic healthcare organisation?
Does a position that will allow you to expand your commercial skillset whilst also engaging with corporate partners, trusts, foundations and high net worth individuals appeal to you?
If the above three questions resonate with you then please read on to unlock this exciting opportunity.
These two separate roles sit within the fundraising team of a major Melbourne healthcare organisation. The team conducts a variety of marketing and communication activities to secure funds for vital research projects, medical equipment, infrastructure projects and specialist education programs aimed at improving the patient care and medical services provided to the community.
The Donor Relationship Coordinator reports into the Senior Relationship and Corporate Partnership Managers, whilst the Fundraising, Trust and Foundation Coordinator reports into the Director. These roles require you to have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, be able to build and manage diverse relationships with key supporters of the Foundation such as high net worth individuals, corporates partners or trusts and foundations. You will be able to work with integrity and ethics, competent analysis and judgment, seek continuous improvement and ongoing innovation, be results focussed, self-motivated and importantly work harmoniously with a small very supportive close knit team.
There are a variety of responsibilities for both roles including but not limited to: –
Donor Relation Coordinator
- Drive revenue growth in line with endorsed strategic objectives and priorities across Communication, Engagement and Retention,
- Strong stewardship and servicing of a diverse range of Major Donors and Corporate Partners,
- Undertake research of potential new Major Donors and Corporate Partners whilst also researching hospital projects that require funding,
- Ensure obligations are met and explore and implement added value.
- Work with internal stakeholder’s to coordinate tours and events.
- Ensure donations are receipted and donor acknowledgment occurs.
Fundraising, Trust and Foundation Coordinator
- Working independently to identify, cultivate, raise funds and manage relationships with an agreed portfolio of charitable trusts and foundations.
- Be able to use all available communication tools to cultivate potential donors through creative, accurate and timely funding proposals.
- Acknowledge all grants, ensure accurate receipting and collection of monies.
- Support the fundraising events through marketing materials, invitations through to attending the events and liaising with potential and current partners.
- Support the team with general administrative tasks.
The two roles offer a wonderful career path for the selected applicants and your desire to learn, grow and be a supportive team member will certainly see you rewarded in many ways other than just a salary.
Importantly, you will have an exceptional attention to detail whilst also adapting to changing demands and environments. This role may see you working autonomously and unsupervised, so motivation and focus are your key traits.
You will have a clear and concise ability to communicate and contribute to a fast-paced and collaborative team. Previous experience within the fundraising not for profit sector is required as is diplomacy, sensitivity, courtesy and an ability to interact with people from all walks of life and social standing. Having highly skilled written communication, an understanding of strategic objectives, prioritisation and building strong relationships are also key attributes for these roles. A business / marketing degree would be desirable.
About the Organisation
Melbourne Health is Victoria’s second largest public health service, employing over 8,900 staff and managing over 1,400 beds. We provide comprehensive acute, sub-acute, general, specialist medical and mental health services through both inpatient and community based facilities through the following services: The Royal Melbourne Hospital – City Campus, The Royal Melbourne Hospital – Royal Park Campus, North Western Mental Health, and The Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity. We provide one of the two adult major trauma services to the state of Victoria.
Melbourne Health provides services to the culturally diverse communities of northern and western metropolitan Melbourne, as well as providing general and specialist services to regional and rural Victorians as a tertiary referral service. All Melbourne Health services provide person-centred care. This ensures that the care received is timely, patients and family/carers are treated with respect, and that effective communication occurs with patients and family/carers about all aspects of care.
To be the first in Care, Research and Learning.
Caring – We treat everyone with kindness and compassion
Excellence – We are committed to learning and innovation
Integrity – We are open, honest and fair
Respect – We treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times
Unity – We work together for the benefit of all
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9342 6423
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: DONOR RELATIONSHIP / FUNDRAISING, TRUST & FOUNDATION COORDINATORS via Pro Bono Australia.