About the Role
The Partnerships Manager, State Library of NSW Foundation is responsible for developing effective relationships with corporate partners, Foundations and Trusts to generate revenue, resources and in-kind support for the State Library.
Key accountabilities of this role include;
• Identify corporate and Foundation prospects and secure both cash and in-kind revenue generation for the State Library Foundation.
• Research, develop and present key partnership proposals for activities and events that maximise the revenue available to the Library and the Foundation.
• Develop, manage and service partnership programs that agreed targets are met.
• Coordinate partnership specific functions and launches; ensure the needs of partners attending State Library functions, events, forums, and networking opportunities are met.
• Implement partnership plans and service strategic alliances ensuring that both individuals and companies receive benefits as detailed in the partnership agreement.
• Produce accurate and detailed financial reports designed for internal and external distribution.
• Provide leadership and integrity in the development and ongoing management of relationships with stakeholders.
• Enhance and oversee the Foundation’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to identify, manage and communicate effectively with key partners and stakeholders.
Essential requirements of the role include;
• Extensive experience in fundraising with high level corporate partners including a thorough knowledge of legislation, policy, current issues and practices that affect donations and sponsor relationships.
• A proven track record in successful marketing communications and in dealing effectively with a diverse client base.
• Highly developed relationship management skills including the ability to negotiate, be flexible, innovative and proactive and to make sound, informed judgements.
About the Organisation
The State Library of New South Wales is a world leading library and centre of digital excellence with origins dating back to 1826. The State Library informs, educates, inspires and surprises online, on site and on tour. By building, preserving and delivering its extraordinary collections, including today’s born digital materials, the State Library enables Australians to interrogate our past and imagine our future.
Learn more about the State Library of NSW by visiting our website at http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/.
Apply for this Job
To be considered for this role please submit:
A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above essential requirements and also includes a response to the following two questions:
1. Describe a successful fundraising partnership which you have developed and managed. What strategies did you use to achieve success and what did you learn from the experience?
2. Please outline your experiences with corporate fundraising particularly in a cultural environment. How did you negotiate partner and sponsor benefits to ensure maximum value to your organisation or agency?
A resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role, including referees.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity please refer to the role description.
The State Library of NSW welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the State Library team, please indicate this in your application. The Guide for applying for roles at the State Library of NSW will assist you in completing your application and provide you with an understanding of the selection process.
For questions about the role or to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact Susan Hunt, Director, Foundation and Executive Manager, Advancement on (02) 9273 1529.
Applicants not initially offered a role but have been assessed through the recruitment process as being suitable will be placed in the Talent Pool to fill future vacancies as they arise. Placement in the Talent Pool remains valid for 12 months.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply you must be either;
• an Australian citizen or
• a permanent resident of Australia, or
• a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport or
• a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia for the period of temporary employment or if you are seeking ongoing employment you must hold a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
Appointment to this role is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via the I Work for NSW website. Job Reference Number 00005YUQ.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Manager, State Library of NSW Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.